Monday, September 14, 2009

Kanye West and Joe Wilson Have More In Common Than We Originally Thought...




They Blows Their Corks, You Endure It, They Profit From It....
You know, if I knew that I could get a million dollars in donations for doing something stupid on the campaign trail, I'd have told Jim Clyburn to f-off years ago.. Maybe when I had him and John Spratt pegged at that Social Security Town Hall in 2005, I should have made an ass of myself in front of the cameras, and just started yelling and screaming until the cops tazered me, and I got on YouTube. I could have been rich by now......
That's not how I do things in politics, and I try to in life, but that thought seems to have been lost on people this week. I've met Joe Wilson plenty of times - no , I didn't get a keychain - and I think he is a decent man. He hadn't really distinguished himself in his time since succeeding Floyd Spence - until this week. Do I think he's proud of what he did? Not at all... Congress is a place where there is a certain amount of decorum, and he pole vaulted over it pretty badly. I watched the tape, and I'm pretty sure he yelled it twice, becuase Obama didn't hear him the first time. But, it has started a flurry of publicity and donations - for him and his opponent. Rob Miller was hardly a blip on the campaign screen, now he's got seven digits to play with for next year's run. I'm sure Wilson would have rather had another quiet run in 2010....
Today, we have Kanye West, who was so outraged that -not he - but Beyonce didn't win a VMA last night, that he jumped up on stage, took the mic from winner Taylor Swift, and complained that Beyonce made "one of the greatest videos of all time". Uhh, a 'greatest video of all time' is roughly the same as making the World's Greatest Sand Castle - except making a sandcastle takes more time. Thank God Beyonce played peacemaker when she had Swift come back up and accept her award. Geez, dude - it's just a friggin' VMA. I have three Moonmen on my mantle that I bought from Dire Straits on EBay.....If you don't think it's ridiculous, try running up to the podium at next year's VMA's, and see how far you get. But, no doubt West will sell another quarter million records for stirring up a shitstorm.... Here is the clip:
About the only person who will likely lose a bit for freaking out on camera is Serena Williams. I kinda feel a little bad, because she's always seemed pretty professional on and off the tennis court - until she told a side judge at the US Open that she'd 'like to shove this tennis ball up her f**king ass'...... OUCH ! Granted, I saw the call that pissed her off, and Serena was right, but that was worse than anything John McEnroe ever came up with - YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS !!!!! She might lose a sponsor or two over this, and maybe not, but it sure didn't help her....
Yes, there are times when people need to speak out to stand up for something, but these cases weren't it. Decorum is decorum. If you want House members to shout down the leader of a country, go move to Great Britain - they love it there. Things don't always go the way you like, but there are always opportunities to speak out on them. Just because you don't like when it might be doesn't make it right...
.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mike--Joe Wilson only said in the House chambers what many Americans were shouting out at their TV's. The democrat leadership is trying to ramrod a major change in goverment policy through Washington with minimal amount of debate and public discussion. Then when memebers of the American public raise questions they are attacked by the same leadership and called names!

The question has to be raised what are they so scared of the American public finding out? Why the rush to implement a major change in American polciy with so little discussion,debate and research?

The democrats in Washington do not have a clue. It is evidenced by the President's declining numbers, it is evidenced by their own leadership that has stated they will lose 20 House seats in 2010. It is evidenced by their attacks on the voices of the American public.

Political history is replete with examples of those who would not learn from the lessons of the past. Apparently the democrats didn't learn from LBJ and the lessons of the 60's...teg