Thursday, September 03, 2009

WTF? Am I Still In New York ?


I had one of those moments tonight that remind me that things here in South Carolina are changing - and not for the better. We all have a home gas station - that one place that we always seem to gas up our car. For me, it's the Kangaroo Station at Third Loop Rd and South Irby St here in Florence. I stopped to gas up after the meeting in Sumter, no differently than usual....




I pulled the pump out, pressed the grade, stuck it in the tank .... and nothing happened. Why? Because they had just changed their policy of paying for gas with cash. From now on, you have to pay first, then pump the gas. The only place I ever had to do that was from Fredricksburg, Virginia and all points North. My gas station just turned to Yankee Gas Policy.



I'm bummed. Next, they'll stop putting Mustard on the hamburgers down here.....



.

No comments: