Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Happy Birthdays To The Two Women Who Loved Me... Okay, Who Liked Me Once.



Yes, there have been plenty of women in my life, but only two have ever worn the crown. Actually, one wore it, and the other had it, but was smart enough to decline !! And as coincidence would have it, they have their birthday on consecutive days. Congrats, ladies.....

Tomorrow, my ex, Nicole, will be 34 . I haven't seen much of her since we broke up, but she did surprise me for my 40th birthday, and we got along fine. Yeah, I could have been a much better husband, but when everyone ends up okay, why bother arguing? We never really fought much anyway - which some may misconstrue as not caring. She's happy, I'm happy, life is good.....

Meanwhile, today is Ms. X's 24th birthday. No, I won't be there. Truth be known, we've always just been friends...... I've tried, but she's not dumb enough to fall for my bullshit. She's taking a sabbatical from Mike Reino again right now, and hopefully focusing on school - at least she better be... It's happened before, so I'm used to time without Princess.

Last year, I spent so much for her birthday that the person she was dating called me at 4AM to complain. Guess I deserved it, which is probably why I'm not around for this year's birthday. Above all, she is a friend. She's told me once or twice that she's not a good person, but I disagree. I still think you are SO COOL....All that aside, I didn't go overboard this year. I did buy one gift that was $20, and the other was free.....

Let's play a game today....... Guess what the free gift is. Here are a few clues:

1. Like I said , it costs nothing.

2. It's only good for a few weeks, then it's no good.

3. It's smaller than a breadbox.

4. It has NO monetary value.

5. Everyone should have one, but they don't use it.....

6. The only time most people use it is in November - if ever.

Happy Birthday, Ladies !! No picking on me today...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiICITvwaow

.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

a used condom

Anonymous said...

u better man than me mike. the last time i seen my only ex was at my sons second college graduation that was only the second time i seen her since my daughters wedding and that was in 1996 or was it 95 of course that is a good thing i reckon. in other words that is why they call them ex understand ex never admit anything

Thoroughbred 401k said...

Good God No, Moye !!


Having a friendly divorce may be the only thing I have ever succeeding at doing...

Anonymous said...

is the free gift a mans private part? haha

Thoroughbred 401k said...

No, that's bigger than a breadbox......

Thoroughbred 401k said...

And there's no expiration date on it... It's always good.

Thoroughbred 401k said...

Oh, and it's something that you might actually need or want !! ;)

Anonymous said...

Last year, I spent so much for her birthday that the person she was dating called me at 4AM to complain.<<< ok, what's wrong with that line??? oh, and this>>>Ms. X's 24th birthday...24...cradle robber.
ok, sorry, just feeling like a smart ass today.

Thoroughbred 401k said...

Yeah, I've done some dumb things along the way, but C.R. is a bit harsh..

Anonymous said...

what were your ?'s for me...

Thoroughbred 401k said...

Check where I got you before. Just want to get an idea of your plans for the time being.. work/school , what I need to expect of you, you of me, and hopefully to hear that you've forgiven me for expecting too much.

I'm making a concerted effort to be real friends with you, so no matter what, it'll be different, and i think you'll appreciate it. Just hearing from you like this is good. I shouldn't , but I still worry for you when I don't hear from you, and I pray for you every night.

Your real name and who you are dating are of little consequence. My only concern now is are we real friends, or was it all bullshit? I think i know better, but you can see, I take a lot of shit for this past year - but i take it anyway. That's a friend.

Thoroughbred 401k said...

Hey, we're kinda waiting here... :)