Saturday, September 13, 2008

Time For College Football Pick 'Em...


Clemson Gets to Feast On NC State... The Gamecocks ? Well..............
College football is now in full swing. Clemson has a tuneup game today against NC State before it's big matchup versus SC State - sorry, I almost got that out without laughing... Moye is really worried about losing that one next week. The big game game today is the Carolina-Georgia game. The Gamecocks pulled off the upset on the way to their 6-1 start, uh before the floor fell out from under them. Georgia has recovered nicely, with a Number 2 ranking nationally. So, how will they end? Find out now....
Clemson vs. NC State:
Remember the second half of the Carolina-NC State game? Expect more of the same. State hasn't shown much this year. Yeah,, they're 1-1, but the beat I-AA William & Mary - not exactly a powerhouse. Clemson is hitting on all cylinders yet, and the ACC is famous for any team losing at any time, so it will be intresting for a bit, before the Tigers pull away. Clemson 31-13.
Georgia vs. South Carolina:
I think some people still are mad at me for giving away the tickets to last year's upset in Athens.... Yes, the Gamecocks usually play the Bulldogs tough, regardless of record. However, Carolina ruined Georgia's season last year, so this game is marked for revenge by the Bulldogs. That, and Georgia has too much talent this year. This game reminds me a lot of last year's LSU game. Carolina's D will keep it close, but eventually, a late Georgia TD will seal the deal, so I'll use the same score as the LSU game. Georgia 20-7.
Also, not that anyone cares, but Southern Cal beats Ohio State, 34-13. The BCS game FINALLY gets to leave the Buckeyes out - and lets East Carolina in - GO PIRATES !!
.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

good picks you want tickets for tigertown next week free

Thoroughbred 401k said...

yes, I was pretty much on the mark this week.. Thanks Moye, but I have to work next weekend. Not sure I'd want to be in a stadium with a bunch of SC State fans anyway..

Anonymous said...

I understand that but hey I hear they have a good band. I just hope we can beat them. Maybe Clyburn will be there. Anyhow I gave the tickets to Britton maybe she needs someone to share the ride. Probably not.

Thoroughbred 401k said...

SC State's band kicks ass from what I've heard. Jim might be there, you never know. I heard he took all the Bridge to Nowhere money last year, and reappropriated it to SC State's football team. We'll see if the investment paid off...