Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Indentured Servitude to Pay Off My Debts...


Poverty really sucks. I've managed to not have to borrow any cash the last few weeks . The good part is that I'll be working again soon - at long last. The bad part is that I have to pay back the people I've borrowed the money from. So, I've been getting inventive in paying those debts off.
Call it bartering, call it slavery - it is whatever it is, but you do what you can to clear a debt . Tonight, I painted Bobby's cabinets, and I probably will for a little while here. Last month, I raked about 50 bags of leaves for his Mom to work off some of what I borrowed from her. It could be worse - they could make me just pay it off with cash I don't have, so I guess I'm lucky....
I suppose I would rather just pay it off, but........ Either way, I'm starting to get out of debt, rather than it getting worse, so life is turning the corner finally. Finally!
.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey mikey, you gonna be my b**** his weekend?

Thoroughbred 401k said...

Fortunately, I haven't had to push ass yet ! I'm not sure I'd be worth the money for that anyway...

Anonymous said...

hey...i didn't twist your arm dammit!!! now get back to work, and thanks for your help so i can hopefully be your neighbor later this year.

Thoroughbred 401k said...

I thought it was going to be a funny post, but it didn't turn out that way..

Anonymous said...

paint the town red for me

Thoroughbred 401k said...

Actually, i've been painting the cabinets white !!