Friday, January 04, 2008

Stick a Tampon on Your Foot to Detox Your Body?? It's So Kinoki !!



SC6 Consumer Alert... If this works , I'm a Monkey's Uncle... Straight from the infomercial BS wagon, we bring you the Kinoki Detoxifying Foot Pad. You stick in on the sole of your foot at bedtime, and when you wake up, it's all black from the toxins that were removed. How does it work? I have no idea , but the active ingredient is distilled bamboo vinegar, so you foot ends up smelling like BBQ i guess.......

It claims to remove the following from your body: Heavy Metals, metabolic Wastes, toxins, mucous, parasites, and MUCH MORE !! And we're supposed to believe that all this comes out through your foot??

I flipped another channel over to see another infomercial about flushing your colon - tasty!! I know, people in Japan live a lot longer than we do in America, but is everything they do necessarily better?? C'mon, just because it's Japanese doesn't make it sensible. My guess is the black crap that ends up on the pad is discolored dead skin off your foot. But, some enterprise guy is making millions off of those amazing little foot tampons, and that is the American Way, isn't it?

Kinoki.....from the guys that brought you Sushi, Sudoku and Mr. Miyagi !!

.

6 comments:

Thoroughbred 401k said...

My apologies to the ladies for my lack of knowledge.... That obviously is a maxi-pad, not a tampon! OOPS.

Anonymous said...

also nissan, toyota and the falling dollar

Anonymous said...

you do know the difference i hope

Thoroughbred 401k said...

Yeah, I just wasn't paying much attention when I wrote it initially. Tampon always sounds better than maxi-pad.

Anonymous said...

Believe it or not several years ago I was a guinea pig to a "new technique" we were going to bring into the spa. As I am soaking my feet,this woman, puts this "potion" in a electric footbath. And after 5 or 10 minutes the water turns brown/yellow/black colors, based on the type of "toxins" you are retaining. So....I just as sceptical as you. However, Reflexology DOES have its effectiveness.

Anonymous said...

finally seen this commercial