Sunday, November 02, 2008

End of the Road: SC6 Looks Back on Erection 2008


One Doesn't Have a Heart, One Doesn't Have a Brain??

Two days left...For me, today will be my last day really involved in the campaign, as Monday and Tuesday, I will be pretty busy at my hobby that pays the bills. It seems just like yesterday that there were like 18 candidates vying to be our next President. And a slogan was born: Erection 2008: The Race Between Those With a Hard-On for the Presidency. No, it's not a typo.........It's my version of wit.

Like most things in politics, there was plenty of Good, Bad, and lots of Ugly... The good? Sarah Palin's well hidden hooters. Plenty of media coverage, which allowed us to really decide who we wanted to vote for pretty early on. The great race between Obama and Hillary Clinton almost going to the Convention. The reconnection of young people and politics. I was an oddity when I was 22 , and I cared about politics. Now, all the kids talk about it.....

The Bad? The exaggerations that have recently come up as Election Day has neared. The Keating Five. Bill Ayers. Jeremiah Wright. Bill Clinton's big mouth. White people clinging to guns and religion. Obama and Islam. Worse yet, the creedence taken in the campaign with these stories.

The Ugly? Seeing any candidate dance. Joe Biden at any one of 100 rallies. The Sam Brownback campaign. My man Rudy Giuliani's freefall from frontrunner to also ran. Hillary and those friggin' pantsuits...

I'm going to have to go back sometime and see how we got here... When this started, it looked like a Giuliani-Clinton battle, but that's why they play the game. Ask the New York Giants. There's always a chance - that's why Gamecock fans still show up, right? We could always have one last surprise on Tuesday,but I don't see it, and I don't get paid to see it if it isn't there. I'll stick to my prediction a month ago: Obama 52-45%, 319-219 in the Electoral College.

Either way, this is an election year unlike any other, both in the enthusiasm of the voters, and unfortunately, in the money being spent on it.... Yeah, it will mostly be known for the year America elected it's first black president (sort of), but there are plenty of other reasons to remember 2008. And SC6 was there, giving it to you all the way. Hope you enjoyed it..........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBVniZdnGMY

.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have done a good job! Pat yourself on the back!