Thursday, November 20, 2008

Every Parent's Worst Nightmare......


SC6 Sends Out It Best Wishes To Earl at the Blogland...
We're going to be a bit serious for just one post here, because sometimes truly bad things happen once in a while. If you pray tonight, ask for help for our buddy Earl at the Blogland. This week, his daughter Bonnie was hit by a possibly drunk, uninsured driver. She suffered a broken collarbone, and she is expected to fully recover, but obviously, it could have been much worse.
Now, I don't have any kids, but I imagine that having something like this happen to your child brings out the worst thoughts in you. If this were my kid, I would probably make some phone calls to some old friends in New York for a road trip. Earl is smarter than me , so he's going through the legal channels. Just keep Earl and Bonnie in your thoughts for them both to get through this , and for life to return back to normal as quickly as possible...
.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Earl, I pray that justice be served against this person. Bonnie, I pray for a complete recovery. I have one that drives and one with a permit, and they both ride with their friends, and yes, that is a parents nightmare! All I can do is pray protection over them each time they walk out the door. God be with your family.

Thoroughbred 401k said...

I wasn't very clear on this. Bonnie is a kid, not a teenager, and she was hit by the side mirror of a passing car that went off the road and hit her. She was VERY lucky.

Anonymous said...

This could have been far worse! If you have any doubts about the invtervention of the Almighty on behlaf of His children or you'd rather trust in reason, either reconsider or recheck your logic circuit.

Thoroughbred 401k said...

I think I wrote this one a bit too fast.. No doubt there was Divine Intervention on that, because a side mirror is no more than six inches from the body of the car.

earlcapps said...

Thanks, Mike. She's doing fine, but is going to be sore and a little limited in her activities for a few weeks.

It doesn't help to be out a few hundred bucks around the holidays - but better to have insurance and bear the cost of co-pays than to have to foot the entire bill without it.

It's certainly better than it could have been, but why lie - I'm having to put out Christmas money on account of someone who was coming home from an all-nighter and didn't really give a rat's ass what she hit. I'm pissed.

This lady blew through here a few weeks ago in Washington state, so we're expecting that she's going to bolt as soon as she can get away with it. But I plan to get her stay extended, if at all possible.

Anonymous said...

you bet they are certainly in my prayers