Sunday, November 02, 2008

Guess I'm Not Perfect After All....

Looks Like I'm The Top Term On This One.....

What is that anyway, a sandwich bag? I was planning on being finished for the night, but something has been brought to my attention, and I feel the need to fix things ASAP.







In my endorsement blog for Florence City Council, I stated that candidate Steve Powers, who owns S/W Printing , had received a federal contract recently from Congressman John Spratt's office from an article I read in the Florence Morning News last week. Apparently, my brain and eyesight are failing me. That contract was given to S&W Manufacturing, which I'm pretty sure is on Cashua Drive in Florence. S/W Printing is on Irby Street in downtown Florence. They are different companies, owned by different people. In short, I screwed up.......






In almost 3 years and over 1600 posts, this is the first instance that I know of where I gave incorrect information. I pride myself on being honest and providing readers with the necessary tools to make a properly informed vote, or decision on any topic - like where to get a good hamburger....





Rather than hide a correction on a post from a week ago, i'm putting it here on top. No, I'm not changing my endorsement, because I still am a bit leery about conflicts of interest. Downtown development is the primary issue facing the future of Flotown, and I have concerns about a downtown business owner being on council. It has nothing to do with politics. I voiced the same concerns with the Penny Tax benefitting a public official who owns a concrete business....




I hope this clears things up, and prevents me from being sued for slander. I don't have any money to hire an attorney right now.....Here's a song for you..




http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jT-b5zPBTJ8&feature=related





.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wrong again...S&W Printing is on South Irby which was correct, but S&W Manufacturing is on North Irby, not Cashua.

I guess hitting 40 years old has taken a toll on you!

Thoroughbred 401k said...

That's right. I'm thinking of Superior Machine.. S&W is near Cumulus, right?

Not researching or sleeping is taking it's toll...

Anonymous said...

He's got your back Mike!

Anonymous said...

yep..near Cumulus. that radio group that just let go over 200 employees nationwide including a half dozen or more in Florence.