Monday, November 10, 2008

So, Your Job Sucks? Try One of These Top 'Happy Jobs'..


Like Most of His Buddies, This Priest Looks Pretty Happy....
Work sucks. I don't care what you do, no one really likes to work. Personally, I'd rather figure out a way to watch TV, play golf and sit on my porch with a beer than work. But, that's not how it works. You have to work, so if you have to, you'd rather do something that makes you happy. Good Luck!
Yahoo HotJobs put out a list taken by the University of Chicago of the ten happiest occupations... Here they are.
1. Clergy , 67.2% happy, $44,102 a year
2. Firefighter 57.2%, $45,553
3. Travel Agents %56.5, $28,500
4. Architect, 53.5%, $54,079
5. Special Ed Teachers, 52.6%, $43,060
6. Actor and Directors, 51.0%, varies a ton..
7. Science Technicians, 51.0%, $72,435
8. Automotive Technicians, 53.6%, $31,200
9. Industrial Engineers, 48.4%, $61, 729
10. Airline Pilots, 49.1%, $63 an hour...........
Now, most of these were pretty unsurprising. I can see the satisfaction in serving God, especially for $44k a year. Flying planes, Fighting fires, and making movies and gettign paid for it all sounds pretty cool. The one that got me was #8.....
I've worked in automotive service for nearly eight years, and generally speaking, technicians are the bitchiest, most miserable people I've been around. Those that work with them have to pussyfoot around the tech's all day 24/7 - in fera of making them 'unhappy'. Maybe that's it..... They've got it all figured out, and they're happy.... But what if we find out that they ARE happy? That must never happen, so they make you think they're pissed off all day. And they call mechanics dumb...... But who can blame them, when they have to fix cars after dummies do stuff like this....
.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

architect #4...all hail Art Vandaley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZVs7oAHVjg

Thoroughbred 401k said...

Serenity NOW !!!!!

Anonymous said...

I am happy with my job!

Anonymous said...

what about politicians

Anonymous said...

why?

Thoroughbred 401k said...

We just are. Angry, angry people!

Anonymous said...

well that is a shame!

Anonymous said...

and I don't believe it one bit!

Thoroughbred 401k said...

I'm out of politics, so my anger has lessened..