Thursday, November 27, 2008

Turkey Day 2008: Friends, Food, Football....And Boy Bands ??






Say Hi to the Guest of Honor .....





Greetings on Thanksgiving Night.. I'm watching Dallas pummel Seattle, and so far my fantasy football guys are coming thru for me.. I'm nicely rested , thanks to that 2 hour post-turkey nap I just had. God Bless Triptophan !!





Today was your standard Thanksgiving Day. I went to Bobby & Jean's house, and we had dinner with Ed Palmer from Eagle 92.9 and his family. Yes, we local superstars all hang out with each other. I tried to hang out with Bob Juback, but he still won't give me his address....






The only thing I noticed out of the ordinary, and maybe it's not so unusual, but I think it's time to address it. why do the TV networks feel the need to have musical acts during halftime of the Thanksgiving Day games? I understand having them during the Super Bowl - it's more like entertainment, and lots of viewers aren;t real football fans. But Jesse McCartney and the Jonas Brothers ???




Yeah, I'm a Old Fart by some standards, and I had heard of both of them, so I watched to at give them a chance.... After watching, I have come to a solid conclusion.... Teenage girls are completely Tone Deaf , and to use a term I told Ms. X once, they are listening with their Noonies....





Jesse McCartney adds nothing to the music business. He sounds just like every boy band, except he has no friends. He lip synched both songs, which I hate. Word is that Jesse sucks so bad that Paul McCartney announced he is changing his last name to Leibowitz.....





Onto the Jonas Brothers. Moe, Larry and Curly at least sang live - but not very well.. Their songs were a bit more up tempo, but again, nothing groundbreaking, and two of the brothers actually look kinda geeky. The young on with the poofy hair could double for Screech from 'Saved By the Bell'. But hey, I don't want to go negative here. They've sold a couple million more records than I have, so they're laughing all the way to the bank.





That aside, it's been a nice holiday. Hope yours was great too. Enjoy the mad rush at the malls tomorrow, unless you're working like I am.










Yikes, i forgot the pics...


Jean's Baby bump. Shaniqua Leise will be here in 2 weeks !!! Okay, her name will be Caitlin.......










Out of Propane? No problem - just keep a fire extinguisher handy.









Bailey's checking out all the action....























.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice looking t bird.

Thoroughbred 401k said...

It was yummy..

Anonymous said...

that was a good looking bird was it a gamecock