Saturday, November 08, 2008

Someone Please Analyze This Dream for Me...

Call Sigmund Freud On This One....

Freud said that dreams are an extension of our thoughts - or something like that. I'm a pretty light sleeper, so i don't have that many dreams, and that's probably a good thing, because I usually don't have good dreams. I have your standard bad dreams: falling out of planes, fighting with mt Dad, running from people and not being able to get away, etc. And of course, I never get to have sex there either. Most of those I understand, but one I had this week was really disturbing...

I'm dreaming that I'm watching TV, and Emeril is on (a show I NEVER watch). He's getting ready to cook some fish, and he's picking out what looks like a blowfish, then all of a sudden, he decides to cook something else - a puppy. A live puppy... He's shaving the poor thing, and I think he snapped it's neck like a chicken when I woke up. I was pretty upset when i got up..

It might have been the most disturbing dream I ever had. This sounds like a job for Rhino, or one of you other guys that might know stuff like this. I can't even decipher movie plots, so this one was out of my expertise. Maybe we can raise Freud or Jung from the dead, and get an opinion....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvazQUYG1kE&feature=related

.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

To see a puppy in your dream, symbolizes your playfulness and carefree nature. It also represents a blossoming friendship or that your friendships will grow stronger.

This dream may represent a relationship or friendship in danger of being disrupted by a person or circumstance.

Anonymous said...

To dream that you are in terror, forewarns of disappointments and loss.

Thoroughbred 401k said...

The terror ones are self explanatory, but luckily, most of those are in the past.

So, is my dream saying that I'm afraid that a new relationship will kill an old relationship, or that I'm afraid of losing my independence by getting into a relationship?


What does Dr. Liz have to say?? ;)

Anonymous said...

I don't know what you status is as far as your relationships, so I guess it is sort of up to you to disipher one from the other. Sorry!

Thoroughbred 401k said...

Although I do have apenchant for self-destructive behavior, i don't think I'm afraid of being happy. I think the first one is a more likely possibility...

Anonymous said...

Is that good or bad, in your mind?

Thoroughbred 401k said...

If I were dating someone, it's probably good, because it shows a devotion to that person. But in this case it's probably bad, because there's little reason to be afraid of killing something that's already dead. Make sense?

It's all a point of moving on, which I often have trouble with. I've never had stability, so if there is anything I think I can count on, I try to fix it.

earlcapps said...

Mike, I think you've lost your mind.

Thoroughbred 401k said...

Lost it? When did I ever have it, Earl?

Anonymous said...

it represents the Penn State loss. way to go jerk off.

Thoroughbred 401k said...

I guess I mistook Emeril breaking Joe Paterno's neck for a puppy..

Anonymous said...

ahhhhhhhh...somebody just stick an ice pick in my retina. i guess the best i can hope for now is the rose bowl. Penn State / USC maybe. not too bad i guess considering where the SC schools are headed.
damn...one point. this one really stings.

Anonymous said...

Mike you are one sick puppy

Anonymous said...

Mike, your mind isn't lost, I have it in a jar on my desk, filed somewhere under abby-something...

Anonymous said...

ya'll leave Mike alone...He just needs some TLC.

Thoroughbred 401k said...

Abby Normal? Liz, they're not picking on me. I'm THAT screwed up....

Anonymous said...

IMHO, Mike, you need a good laxitive and to find and watch as many episodes of Two Fat Ladies from Food Network (and the Shirley Q. Liquor comments on TFL...)

Then take two tall neat scotches, slam them down and snooze.

WR
(I've only played a quack on stage, though I might practice some herbal and root therapies)