Monday, November 24, 2008

It's Fantasy Football. Anyone Can Beat Anyone..


Jamal Lewis Forgets How to Hold Onto the Ball, I Lose..
I hadn't talked about fantasy football lately, mainly because I had been on one hell of a roll. Yep, in my return after taking a couple years off, my team, DustingOffMyLombardi, had won eight straight games, and was 10-1 on the season. However, after tonight, I will have lost to Bobby's 13 year old nephew by a couple points.
According to the 'experts' at Yahoo, i should have beat him by about 60 points, but just like Barack Obama on November 4th, his guys showed up, and mine stayed at home. Eight of his guys did better than predicted, and seven of mine did worse than predicted. Still, I could have won - if I didn't listen to the 'experts', and that is today's lesson....
A couple weeks ago, I wisely picked up Derrick Ward of the Giants, in case first stringer Brandon Jacobs got hurt. Well, jacons tweaked his knee last week, and the cat and mouse of 'will he play or not' began. On Sunday, the word was that Ward would start, so I would sit Jamal Lewis and play Ward. Then the 'experts' said that 1) Jacobs was playing and 2) Lewis would trun around his subpar season and score a boatload of TD's. I listened like a putz... Then midway through the first game - and too late to change it - Jacobs was scratched, Ward played and got 16.9 points, and Lewis fumbled twice and only got 5.8 points. If I had stuck to my own knowledge, I'd be up by 9 points, rather than down 2.
That is today's life lesson: Don't listen to what other people or the 'experts' tell you what you should do, becuase whatever it is, you probably know as much or more about it than them. And you'll never ask "what if?".
.

2 comments:

pluvlaw said...

It happens. Wolf Blitzer's Lap is on quite a roll ourselves. My guys all underperformed this week, but the other team was even worse. I'm beginning to believe the title could come back to Flo-town in our league. Hey, twice in 6 years...most NFL teams would kill for that.

Anonymous said...

Live and learn. Listen to your heart.