Friday, November 14, 2008

Secretary of State Clinton ??


Wait Til They Get a Load of Me......
I'm just a wee bit late on this one, but I'll put in my two cents in on the possibility of Hillary Clinton being Secretary of State under Barack Obama. I'll avoid the 'is she qualified' question for just a minute, and tell you the first thought that crossed my mind: Hillary Clinton is sick of being a Senator......
Like we always tell you, Senators all think they are the smartest person in the room - even in DC. Every Senator wants to be President one day, with very few exceptions. So, when the end of the road ends up being a Senator, they get very depressed. Hillary has hit that bump in the road. She will be 68 the next time she can run in 2016, and that is too old. Hillary Clinton will NEVER be President. However, my dream of being a Service Manager is still possible....
She's stuck being a Junior Senator, in charge of virtually nothing. So, taking the gig as Secretary of State in Obama's cabinet certainly would give her new cache' - and stretch out the Clinton legacy for a few more years. That is, until Clinton gives HER opinion on something, and Obama kicks he sizable ass back to Arkansas - uh I mean her home in New York..
Now, is she qualified? Not really. Is she the most qualified? I'm sure there are plenty of people who are more qualified that her (John Kerry is NOT one of them) ...... Can she handle the gig? Probably.... Secretary of State is a very figurehead type of job, although there are aspects of policy setting involved, but the Secretary of State is not the final word of much of anything. However, Obama will at least HAVE to listen to her opinion if she's SoS....... Careful what you wish for, Barack. My advice is to get her out of your hair once and for all, and let her rot in the Senate - you'll eventually regret doing otherwise....
.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

"keep your friends close, but your enemies closer." I'm sure Obama doesn't want to do deal with the wrath of the Clintons if he doesn't pick her...look at me being political!

haha

Thoroughbred 401k said...

Holy Shit, you must be bored....


Friends close and enemies closer - is that why you've been so chatty w/me lately ?? ;)

Thoroughbred 401k said...

I'm sorry, here's what I meant to say.. Sweetie, you surprise me with your political savvy. Friends Close, Enemies Closer is a good strategy in politics - and the Mafia. However, I still think you're voting with your Noonie !!

Anonymous said...

at least it will get her out the senate. you know jessie jackson jr is going to get obama seat

Thoroughbred 401k said...

Yeah, I can't wait. Two generations of people who never accomplished anything just because Dad was on the balcony at the motel...

Anonymous said...

you need to drop that "sweetie" crap!

Anonymous said...

Let me see, Secretary of State is in order of succession behind the Veep, the Speaker of the House and the president Pro Tem of the Senate... something tells me if confirmed as Sec State all three had best not turn their backs on you know who.