Thursday, October 16, 2008

The Bee Gees Can Save Your Life ??


I Thought The Bee Gees Were the Soundtrack to the Golden Gate Bridge..
Yeah, I know what you're saying.... There is NO WAY the Bee Gees could ever save a life - but apparently, it's true... According to the American Heart Association, the perfect speed to do chest compressions for CPR is 100 beats per minute, which is almost exactly what the Disco Kings hit, "Stayin' Alive" is counted at. I shit you not.........
In fact, the AHA found that those who practiced timing the compression by singing Stayin' Alive were more accurate than those who did not. In fact, they're even considering making it a part of their training regimen. ...
There are obvious advantages to using the song. It's pretty common, and it's a fitting song for doing CPR - Stayin' Alive, get it??? But, I have a big concern: I know if I were having a heart attack, and I start hearing the Bee Gees, it may make me go towards the light.....
.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have a man crush, or is it a bromance on barry gibb...ok, i might go towards the light as well.

Anonymous said...

I wonder if he can play the MANdeline or the HEmonica? HA HA