Tuesday, October 14, 2008

SC6 Sports Wrapup: Football, Baseball, and You Don't Screw With the Malocchio....

The Evil Eye Preys on Another Victim In Fantasy Football.........

It's been a pretty busy week in sports .... Clemson got rid of Tommy Bowden - whether he was fired or quit is your opinion.. Carolina will throw Steven Garcia right into the fire in his first start against LSU.. In Pro football, my Giants lost their first game - and a chance to go two game sup on Dallas and Washington. It goes to show, your team isn't as bad as you think, nor as good as you think..

In baseball, the Devil Rays go for a chance to go up 3-1 against the Red Sox tonight, and Bobby's backup team, The Phillies, are one game away from their first World Series since that dispicable 1993 series, where no one could get anyone out. Bobby uses the Phils as a backup, because when you're an Orioles fan, you need a backup....

Lastly, you may remember my mentioning the Malocchio , also known as the Italian Evil Eye. I used to use it alot whenever the Yankees were in the playoffs. It had been under mothballs for a while, but I broke it out this weekend , when I played Dave, the Wizard of Fantasy Football. The guy almost never loses, and was 5-0 this year - until the Malocchio got him on Sunday, when I stomped him by 32 points, and we're now tied for first place. I finally figured out that the Malocchio is like a Lithium Ion battery...... it needs to charge itself back up sometimes. I'll leav eit alone until we play again. After all, the Yankees don't need it....

.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

what no comments

Anonymous said...

no...i use the Phillies because my dad used to take me to Phillies games and Orioles games. i lived in york, pa which is inbetween Philly, Pittsburgh and Baltimore. My brother had most of the baseball influence on me as he was a big Orioles fan. he got caught up in it when they won the '66 world series and it continued down to me. By far what I get into the most is Penn State football. Up to #3 baby.

so anyway, i was a confused kid...liked the Steelers, Colts and Eagles, liked the Phillies and Orioles, the Flyers and the Penguins, but when it came to basketball it was the Sixers. Hey, I even liked the Redskins some when I lived in VA. all of those things have an influence on you when you live in an area like that and then move around during your school years as well.
so...taht all said, my favorite teams are the Orioles, Steelers, Flyers and Sixers...but I also like to see the Eagles, Phillies and Penguins do well, unless they are playing one of my favorites.
I guess the most important thing though is my allegiance to this saying..."Dallas sucks and T.O. swallows"!

Go Phillies

Thoroughbred 401k said...

For someone who abhors politics, you sure can spin the BS when it comes to explaining your allegiances in sports!!

From what I got, Bobby loves everybody, except the Cowboys and the Yankees - which I already knew.

JoPa rules .....

Anonymous said...

That reminds me, it Romo out of the closet?

Thoroughbred 401k said...

Hey, if Jessica says that Tony is 100% hetero, I'll take her word for it. She does know what hetero means, right?

Anonymous said...

I'm sure Patriots are missing Tom's strong arm this year.

Anonymous said...

hey...look here you long island hofstra alumni horshack wannabe...it's ok to like more than one team in each sport. in your case, you like three in college football, SC, ECU and Penn State. so up your nose with a rubber hose.