Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Sarah Palin Saves Saturday Night Live....


Tina Fey Strikes Gold For SNL With Her Sarah Palimitation....
I was wrong earlier this year, when I said that old Jewish lady in Denver was the star of Election 2008. Without a doubt, the big star of this season has been Tina Fey, and her Sarah Palin imitation. While I wouldn't say her act is spot-on, it's a whole lot better than Fred Armisen's Barack Obama or Amy Poehler's Hillary Clinton.
Sure, Fey isn't even a cast member anymore, but even she knew that this was a golden opportunity to make a real mark. Thanks to her appearances, SNL's ratings have risen 49% since last year, so it's safe to say that if it wasn't for Sarah Palin, SNL might be on the ropes.....
Of course, SNL might not want to gloat just yet. Fey sin't coming back, Amy Poehler is leaving in November, and .......... the rest of the cast sucks... Also, the Election - and all the picking on the candidates - ends in 4 weeks. Don't expect them to cut into Obama the way they do to Palin. But hey, McCain-Palin could still win. SNL should be so lucky........
.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

best ratings since 2001.

Thoroughbred 401k said...

Yeah, it was 9/11 that killed SNL, not the crappy hosts, writing, or musical acts. And they thought Bush was going to help the show.

Anonymous said...

have not watched in years while i was inhaling

Thoroughbred 401k said...

Yeah, it is funnier when your stoned - and 13 yrs old.

Anonymous said...

"can I call you joe? good, cause I practiced a couple zingers where I call you joe"

I almost peed in my pants when she said that! (well, I giggled a little). Tina does an awesome job of playing Palin.

Thoroughbred 401k said...

Funnier than my blog posts? I'm sure I've had one or two that made you wet yourself... C'mon - how about the Square Watermelons ???


Actually, I did see a girl pee herself from laughing once (it was a tickle attack), and it was NOT pretty. It wasn't me tickling, I just happened to be in the room..

Anonymous said...

We hear that Cheney and Palin might invite Tina to go quail hunting

Thoroughbred 401k said...

YAAAAA, you betcha, Hon. (wink, wink).
Tina might be mistaken for a Moose..