Sunday, October 05, 2008

How About a Little Good News....


Gas Prices Go From 'WTF' to 'OMG', May Go to 'LOL' By November.....
It's Sunday.. A day of rest and football, or in my case, cleaning this dump up a bit... So what was the good news? Well, I'm losing in fantasy football to a 13 yr. old who doesn't know who the heck is playing this weekend. Wait... It must be that I'm cleaning cat piss off of the futon, because Ben is too lazy to keep up with it, and he's hiding the litter somewhere aside from the room where the box is....
Hold on, I'm losing focus here... I remember now. A month after Hurricanes Ike and Gustav, gas prices are FINALLY dropping. I went to get some lunch at Taco Bell, and there it was - Unleaded Regular was down to $3.49 at the Kangaroo station. What was it three days earlier? $3.62 . Time for the quick Econ lesson....
You may know this yet, but the Economy is in the dumper a bit lately, and when we are poor, we don't drive much. This lowers demand, and thus the price of a barrel of oil has dropped under $100 a barrel for consecutive days for the first time in 7 months. Now, the price is still high right now because the refineries that process oil into gasoline shut down for a couple weeks. They're back online again now, and the supply of gas is returning to the stations again at long last.... As your trusted advisor, I'd say by the end of the month we will once again see gas near the $3 a gallon level. Remember that? Me neither....
Now for me, that translates into about $5 extra bucks a week, so I might be able to eat out for lunch on pay day, but for guys like Bobby, that's probably $25 a week or more. I'm sure he'll let us know... So, fear not - gas will be cheaper at the pump, and that also makes things cheaper at the supermarket, and other places too. Will that help John McCain? Ha, Ha! ;)
.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

yep...and I'll also let you know that it is $3.25 in Richmond as of 2 this afternoon.

As for the difference between $3.59 and $2.99 a gallon for me, it comes out to a about $70 - 90. a month. it will still be LOL to me until it goes below $2.49 a gallon.
maybe sarah palin will let me drill in her side yard for oil. if not, maybe she'll just let me drill her.

Thoroughbred 401k said...

Sarah says 'Yaaaa, You betcha'(wink) !!

I don't know about 2.49 coming around anytime soon...

Thoroughbred 401k said...

Hey, I found an article on it, although the history of it is pretty recent. If it can get down to about $80-85 a barrel, your $2.49 could happen.

earlcapps said...

Mike, does this mean my old days of beer and hookers might be coming back? If so, this is great news!

Anonymous said...

gas in scranton sc today 349.9 in lake city today 379.9 for regular unleaded at same brand station

Anonymous said...

yeah, and the price of a barrel at $87 and change...we are getting bent over and having it jammed up our asses further every day.