Saturday, October 11, 2008

The Ten Most Contraversial Campaign Songs.. And They're All Republicans .


Why Is a Band From My Hometown On This List? Find Out Below...
Campaign theme songs have been around almost as long as there have been campaigns. The one thing you may not know is that most of the time, the songs used are hijacked without the artist's consent. You think Bono really liked John Kerry back in '04 ??
Yahoo had a neat little article on the ten best campaign song contraversies. Of course, it was written by guy my age, so most of them are from the past two decades. Perhaps the biggest surprise of all - or not a surprise - is that ALL TEN of the contraversies are involving Republicans.
Now, as an amateur musician, and Republican, this really doesn't surprise me at all. Most artists are pretty liberal people, who view their job as part entertainer, part social activist. Personally, I never went for the preaching, and I sure never tried to do it when I played... So, don't be surprised when Barack Obama uses anyone and everyone's music, and they don't complain, but John McCain can even use "Still the One" from Orleans, without getting called out. Of course, the singer from that band IS a Democratic Congressman. Someone needs to fire a staffer on that one.
.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got the music in me, I got the music in me, I got the music in me.... Whoooooo!
I can't remember who sings that, it just popped in my head. Ha Ha Sorry could not resist!

Thoroughbred 401k said...

I knew the song, but I had to look it up. That was Kiki Dee..