Thursday, October 02, 2008

Still Not Registered to Vote? This Is Your Last Chance, And We're Here to Help....


If You're Not Here In November, Shame On You !!!!
So, despite everything that has gone on - all the debates, primaries, caucuses and commercials - you STILL haven't registered to vote. My better judgement might normally tell me to give up on you all that haven't done it yet. However, I know that some of you guys are truly interested in this election, but maybe you didn't know how or have been unable to register. I have one warning for you...This is LITERALLY your LAST CHANCE - today.
Why am I quitting on you stragglers now? Uh, it's the law...... You see, you must register to vote 30 days before the election to be eligible to vote, so you application must be postmarked by October 4th. That means get it in the mail by Saturday, or you miss out.
Now, I've helped register a few people lately, and honestly, most of them will likely vote for Obama, so why did I do this? First off, John McCain will win South Carolina handily, so thanks to our Electoral College system, McCain will get the 8 votes whether they vote or not. The main reason I am doing this is simple: because it's important - especially this year.
Some of you guys are younger, and we often do stupid things. To avoid that, let me give you this scenario from your future...... You're sitting around the house with your family, and one of your kids asks, 'Who did you vote for in that big 2008 Election?' Picture telling your kid that you didn't vote, or worse, weren't even registered, even though the great Mike Reino gave you all the tools to do so?? You're wasting my talents !!!!!!! This is a once in a generation election, and to skip it will fill you with regret later on. You need to vote - even if it's for the wrong person. Some things are more important than being right...
Here is my last ditch effort for you guys: Here is the website to register to vote. Simply click on your state, fill it out, print it and mail it by Saturday.... It doesn't get much easier. Or you can ignore it, and face the Wrath of Reino. This is your homework for the weekend. Don't make me give you a friggin' F...
.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

now dont get me wrong here i believe in one man one vote women also but if they can vote with me i would rather then that sit at home because winning is everything when it comes to politics

Anonymous said...

Mike, where do you put the Coleman fuel in that camp stove?

Thoroughbred 401k said...

?????? Where's my sign?

Anonymous said...

this is what i hear from some friends...

why should I bother to go vote for people that don't give a damn about me or anyone else but themselves? would you support someone that could care less about you?

ok, waiting for your answer there politic boy.

Anonymous said...

oh yeah, that electoral vote system is a joke. it reinforces the fact that i can go vote for the democratic nominee in south carolina and it won't matter. so, why should i vote if it won't make a difference. it's all in vain. there are only a few states where it will matter, thus putting the presidency in the hands of a very small percentage of americans. it's a crock of shit.

Thoroughbred 401k said...

The electoral college is in place to prevent the larger states from dominating the election, which is the same reason we have the Senate.

I can't help the candidates on the ballot. I tried to have a cool guy on the ballot, but I lost... However, it is every Americans duty to register..

Anonymous said...

Ditto Mike! Bobby, the electoral college votes reflect the state. Both major parties had better candidates to offer, instead you see what we got, by committee and backroom deals.