Thursday, October 30, 2008

Is This the Good News McCain Has Been Waiting For? Probably Not..

Yes, The Economy Is Still Sliding, Just Not That Badly... Yet.

Today, we had some good news/bad news in the stock market. We've finally gotten back to the point where stock prices rise and fall based on actual economic data... The news today was that the economy did slow down in the 3rd Quarter, but not as bad as was predicted. The Gross Domestic Product dropped at an annual rate of .3%, where it was estmated at .5% annually.

Let's really dissect what I just said there for a second. The total value of all goods and services was .0075% less than from the previous quarter - and 40% smaller than 'experts' guessed... Our economy is so spolied that we all cry a river when it doesn't grow 5% annually. Yeah, we have challenges, but for those of you who think we're a whiff away from a Depression - you have no idea what you're talking about.

So, since John McCain gets all the blame for our economic problems, shouldn't this good news help him? Shouldn't we give credit to McCain for it? Okay, maybe not.. You know you're reaching when a drop in the GDP is viewed as good news. As for Wall Street, how did they react to an overall drop in the economy? It went up 100 points.

.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

ya know, the stock market reminds me of this song...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4yvH8CtEqQ

if you can youtube, i can too!!!

Anonymous said...

Down dooby doo down down.
Coma, coma, down dooby doo down down......


I do songs too Bobby! The kids at school, know that I have a song for just about everything.

Anonymous said...

did you get your flu shot i did getting on a plane this morning in chicago they had a booth set up outside the jet way for thirty five bucks and fifty for the pneumonia

Anonymous said...

i don't get the flu. my white blood cells are made of kevlar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lww-yrAzCm8&feature=related

Anonymous said...

I am thankful that I have only had the flu once on about eight years. I have never gotten the shot. I guess I have built up an immunity to that and all the other bug-a boos floating around at my job. Love all the hugs I get though ;)

Thoroughbred 401k said...

Neil Sedaka and Elton John - now there's a duo with a definite lack of testosterone.