Saturday, October 18, 2008

Say Goodbye to The Crappiest Shoes Ever...


Au Revoir, You Pair of Soleless Bastards !!
Can you believe that I've been wearing these everyday for the past 8 months?? It's true, but as of today, they happily reside in my trash can. No wonder my back is always sore, and my ankles ache....
These shoes have been in my closet for about 2 1/2 years, and after I left Newsome, i thought they were going to be retired. Truth is, i haven't purchased a stitch of clothing in well over a year, but that ended today.. After I got out of watching 'W', I went to Kohl's and got new shoes, socks, a belt, a pair of khakis and some boxer briefs so my guys have some support again. My old ones looked like Swiss Cheese. Too much info?
I knew it was time for a new pair when I stepped on a screw, and it ended up in my instep. OUCH !!! So, now, my dogs are styling and profiling again - WHOOO !!! That, and I'm probably two inches taller now too. Down here, that helps.....
.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Mike!!! Sounds like you also put yourself last on the shopping list. Us parents have a tendency to do that. Then we go when it is absolutly needed.

Thoroughbred 401k said...

I wish I could say that I did it out of an obligation to others (which may have been partially true), but mainly I was just broke...

Anonymous said...

I would say those shoes were due for the trash can "solely" based on their ugliness..lol.
Shoes..do make the man! Or is that the woman?

Thoroughbred 401k said...

Working in them was pretty tough. Everytime it rained, I'd be slidig all over the shop floor.

Anonymous said...

Don't be falling on us now, Mike!
You got to many people counting on you.

Anonymous said...

yeah...like a stripper counting on YOUR money!

Thoroughbred 401k said...

Hey, the Mike Reino Foundation For Wayward Strippers did a lot of good, and I fully intend to file it all on my taxes this year...

Thoroughbred 401k said...

I'll never figure out what motivates you guys to comment... Nine comments on a weekend about my friggin' shoes !!!

Anonymous said...

hey man...nice shoes.

Anonymous said...

Too much info, though the confession that you do wear undies...well...

Thoroughbred 401k said...

I definitely am NOT a freestyler. My guys need support...