Sunday, July 20, 2008

One Final Post this Weekend....


When Your License Plate Tells More Than People Want to Know......
While we focus mostly on politics here at SC6, I know that some of you love the non-political stuff we find . So, with that in mind, here is a tidbit that happened on the way back to Hilton Head tonight....
We talked about bumper stickers a little while back, but there are other ways people express themselves in their cars. You have those little blue and black stickers on the car that let others know you are an off-duty cop. Then we have the judge and state representative tags that tell the cops "don't bother pulling me over even though I'm doing 110, I'm not worth the headache."
Those things can be useful I suppose, but I saw a license plate holder that said something that made me wonder why we need to know this.... It said "Professional Court Reporter"..... All together now......... WTF ????????? Is this some useful information that will assist someone in an emergency? I can picture a highway patrolman standing over an injured driver, yelling "This man is dying...DOES ANYONE KNOW SHORTHAND ???????!!!!!!" And what's with the 'professional' thing? Are there amateur court reporters??
Pick on her all I want, but the lady was driving a Mercedes SLK 350, so I guess she has the last laugh, right? It's okay. For all I know, she's writing a blog, picking on a guy with a Ukraine sticker on his car.......
.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oddly, there is a fellow I know that, under the old, pre Carroll Campbell/David Beasley shuffling of agencies, used to prosecute legislators, magistrates et al that got pulled...