Monday, July 28, 2008

We Love the Truck.. People Like to be Driven to Their Funeral in the Truck...


Some Guys REALLY Love Their Jobs.....
Okay, I've gotten out of my Sunday funk, and I think we've got some good, funny and lighthearted stuff to make you smile today. Let's start with this one....
This is a love story..... Love of job, and love for a co-worker. Not in the sexual aspect, but as two guys who worked side-by-side for a long time, emptying out all of the packages that fills up a UPS truck everyday. Jeff Hornagold and Michael McGowan worked together for UPS outside Chicago for a long time. After workign for UPS for 20 years, Hornagold got lung cancer, and eventually died. At the funeral, McGowan and Hornagold's wife knew exactly how to pay tribute to Jeff.
Instead of taking Jeff to the funeral home in a hearse - which looks just like a Mercedes Benz R500 - they took him in McGowan's UPS truck. Jeff got one last trip in his truck, and all there felt it was a fitting way to transport him. For those paying attention, when I die, DO NOT send me in a UPS truck, a Toyota, Honda, BMW, Kia or Chevrolet - a hearse will do just fine, thank you..........
.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm stickin you in a Yugo, or maybe an Adobe.

Thoroughbred 401k said...

If it were an Adobe, you could cremate me right in the car !!

Anonymous said...

after they take your organs of course

Thoroughbred 401k said...

Yep, I am an organ donor, although I'll be sure to tell them not to use my brain....