Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Think You're Offended By the Term Lesbian? Not Compared to These Guys..


Good Thing Sappho Wasn't From Hilton Head Island........
The last time I wrote a post that even slightly mentioned the word Lesbian, I got a 5 page e-mail and a few others that eventually caused me to delete the post. I only deleted it because it bothered a friend - the others could have pouted all they want. Not that I haven't learned anything since then, but I'm going to blog about a topic that involves Lesbians again - sort of.
Just to clear the air of any percieved animosity towards lesbians, my sister is a lesbian, and I've been around gays and lesbians since I was a little. I love lesbians. Are we okay? Onto the story now..
First a brief history of the term Lesbian. It came from the home of the ancient Greek poetess named Sappho, who was from the island of Lesbos. Thus women and all people from Lesbos are called Lesbians. Well, three guys from Lesbos are not happy about it at all.......
They took a case to court to make the term Lesbian when referring to homosexual women illegal. It's kinda like happy people fighting to ban the term 'gay' . It's ridiculous, and even the goofy Greek justice system threw the case out of court. The guys even had to pay court costs of $366.00 . Chalk one up for the sisters !!
My advice for those three guys is to move to Crete or Cyprus or just tell everyone that your just Greek, and not a Lesbian. Not that there's anything wrong with it. My tapdancing act is now done. Everyone cool ?? I love you too.....
.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

there is a lot of competition out there already without this

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm, just think of all the female homosexuals those guys were plannning to sue for trademark and copyright infringement, slander, libel and defamation of charachter.

Maybe their lawyer gets backed over by an ambulance.