Wednesday, October 10, 2007

And Then There Were Four... My MLB Playoff Picks.




Alright, I went 3-1 in the first round - those Rockies just keep on rolling !! Not bad. But that's all over, so let's move on to the second round.....







Indians vs. Red Sox:
I'm not picking the indians because they beat the Yankees, it's how they beat them. Cleveland has one heckuva bullpen, and in the League Championships and World Series, you need a bullpen... The Red Sox have Johnathan Papelbon, and unfortunately Greg Gagne, who is past his prime. Gagne has cost the Sox a couple games already this year, and he'll do it again. The Sox match up well in starting pitching and batting, but I got a feeling. Indians 4-2.

Rockies vs. Diamondbacks:

I have no clue on this one. Both are good at small ball, they're both are on a streak, and Major League Baseball doesn't want either of them in the Series.... Seriously, is anyone going to get psyched by a Rockies/Indians Series ?? That being said, i'll try to analyze this as good as I can. I see one difference between the two - Starting pitching, and one in particular. Brandon Webb. I rode Webb all of the second half this year, and so did the D'backs. Webb will win 3 games this series, and someone will get a key hit here and there to let Arizona win. And you can take that to the bank, or my name isn't Nathan Arizona !!!! Diamondbacks 4-3.

.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Red Sox 4-2, Rockies 4-3

Anonymous said...

Indians and Diamondbacks

Anonymous said...

hmmm...35 logos in your pcture there, and yet only 32 teams in MLB. Can you find the duplicates?

Thoroughbred 401k said...

There are 2 yankees, 2 astros, and both the Expos and Nats are on it.

Thoroughbred 401k said...

Wait, there are only 30 teams. The Yanks, Pirates, Braves and Astros are on twice, and the Expos and Nats are on it. Whew - now I can go to sleep.