Thursday, October 11, 2007

The Chickenshit Press Releases.. From Who ?


The Unknown Comic, Only These Press Releases Aren't Funny.......
Remember the Unknown Comic? The guy with the bag on his head from "The Gong Show", who anonymously told jokes before getting kicked off the stage by Chuck Barris? Well, it looks like a campaign is slinging a little mud at Rudy, which is fine. If I were losing despite spending millions of my own dollars, but couldn't get past 12% in the polls, I'd be a bit pissed too. The problem is, a Press Release has one small requirement - mentioning WHO is releasing the mud. I've looked at the last two sent this way, and no one wants to take credit for it. All I have to say in response is "Grow a Pair, and put your name on it."
Sure, we all get the anonymous post on our blogs - soem good, some bad. It's okay if the writer doesn't want to put thier name on "Romney is a Flip-flopping a-hole" or "McCain is a Mexican -pandering jerk", or "Rudy has no morals". They're not getting paid, and there could be a good reason for posting anonymously. However, when you are getting paid to make Press Releases, you are entitled, if not required, to take credit for it. I always had my name on mine, and every other one in the 3 years that I've been reading SC Hotline has done that. Why the sudden change??
I'm asking publicly that Mike and Jeff tell the offending camp, "I'm sorry, but we require that a contact be listed on the Press Release from now on". It only seems fair. Of course, judging by the number of Boston Globe articles on the credits, I've got a pretty good idea where it's coming from. No problem, I'll be having face time with the candidate next week, and e can hear about it firsthand - that should go over real well in Columbia.......
If the offending pimplehead wants a to keep his/her job, my advice is to fix this shit ASAP. I am now off of my soapbox....;)
.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did someone kick you off your soap box

Thoroughbred 401k said...

No . I wrote to SC Hotline, and mike and jeff agreed, but they didn't notice there were no credits on it..