Monday, October 15, 2007

Mike Reino.......... Rock Star ??


Ah, my second grade yearbook picture.....Time goes by fast !!
I got out of the house finally today. Ben's parents are staying to Thursday now, and YES, THEY ARE STILL CLEANING !! But my sphincter feels very refreshed...
Tonight I got an odd call from Keith in Delusions of Wednesday. He asked if I really missed playing in a band. I told him , sure, I miss it a lot. "Enough to go on a tour" was his reply.......Uh, wow! Like I said, D.O.W. has been playing some decent sized gigs lately, all they need is a lead guitarist and backup vocals - a bill I fit nicely. So they invited me to jam with them tonight.
I was a bit rusty, but the rust wore of faster than I thought I would. I dazzled them with my amazing shredding ability, my nice tone, and of course, how good I look for a 39 yr old !! Nah, I was alright, but there's room for improvement. The bass player was MIA tonight, but Mike and Keith were there. They tune up a bit different, so it was tough catching up on the originals at first. You can't just follow by looking at what they're playing. Hey, this stuff ain't easy.
No, I'm not in the band officially, and no tour is set up, but these guys are on their way, and if I'm still unemployed, hell yeah, I'll go. There ain't nothing sexier than a guy who's run for office, and been on a rock tour. I'll have to check with Ms. X on that one, but I'm sure my hottie factor would jump up. Delusions of Wednesday will be playing The Sports Bar both Friday and Saturday nights this weekend. Saturday will be the longer sets. Hopefully, the nigth will be less eventful than my last visit there.........
.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

obligatory anonymous cheapshot

Mike you're not going to play the kind of music that sets Sen Craig's toe tapping are ye?

Anonymous said...

i will get you a gig at wyboo on a weekend night

Thoroughbred 401k said...

As loud as these guys are, if we were in that bathroom, he'd have gotten out a lot faster !!!

Anonymous said...

Mike, in my undergrad days, I discovered that my alma mater's staff was using the thermostat to accomplish the same maesure in the student union, 99 degrees tended to make it uncomfortable, though it beat trying to keep it down about 45F.

Anonymous said...

That isn't your coming out of the closet piccie?

Thoroughbred 401k said...

Maybe.... Let me try it out... "Hi, My name is Mike, and I'm a FRICKIN' ROCK STAR !!!!" .