Thursday, October 04, 2007

SC6 Commentary: When Mexican Flags Should Fly, and When to Take Them Down..

A Mexican Flag Flying at a US Post Office........ Bad Idea.

I've got a feeling that this post will get a couple comments. I saw a story on a man who cut down a Mexican flag at a store in Reno, Nevada. So I Googled it, and instead, I saw an article about a Mexican flag flying at a US Post Office. All together now.......... WTF??

I guess it's time to clarify where a Mexican flag is ok to fly, and where it is not proper. Some people may benefit from this, because they seem to have gotten a bit confused. First, let's address the flag at the store.

While it may be annoying to have to look at Mexican flags all over the place in Reno, Nevada - which I do believe is still in the United States - the fact is that any flag can be flown at a private residence or building. Be it a US, Maexican, Italian, Carolina, Clemson or the Stars and Bars, you are allowed to fly it at your house or business. Mr. Bessinger will be glad to hear that. Cutting down the flag from the store is destruction of private property, and the guy should be forced to make restitution.

Now, a US Post Office is a Federal Building. I know, illegal aliens obviously have no respect for any Federal institution - particularly the place where you're supposed to go to get a passport for travel out of the US. If you didn't have to send money orders from there, I doubt any of them would know where the Post Office is. But this is still and always will be the United States of America, and taking the flag down is breaking the law. Again, they probably aren't concerned about it, but I'll try anyway.

I hope this clears up any confusion on the issue. Comments??

.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The one problem with the act is the flag position is a matter of US code, it isn't law. That can be changed.

I'm wondering when we will see burnings of Mexican flags, though the right sually doesn't stoop to the left's tactics.