Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Do I Hate All Clyburns ?? I Must....





After I wrote my post last week about Jim Clyburn's cousin Bill, who is running for Senate Seat 25, someone aksed me a funny question in jest......... "Mike, Do you hate all Clyburns?" . Gee, I never thought about it. I guess I do.

Sure , we all known I have no love for Jim, but I guess Bill is now on my list too. Maybe if he didn't try to use the same old lowball tactics as Jim, I might feel otherwise. But he didn't.

But there are others.... Pianist Van Cliburn's ( above left) playing is pedestrian, choppy and sounds almost as though he were making fun of whoever he is playing. A good example of this is Schubert's 'Der Kinderspiel Eien kleine' . In it , Cliburn's dexterity is off - it sounds like he is missing a couple fingers.

On the right we have Baltimore Orioles great Danny Clyburn. What? You never heard of him? That's because he looked like a great player (6'4'' , 220), but that was about it. No power in the big leagues - always pulled the ball to left field. Throw him a curve, and he'd bail out. Bobby is a lifelong Orioles fan, and he's never heard him. Enough said.

All the other Clyburns have never amounted enough to comment on - I think that says it all.

So, do I hate all Clyburns. No , of course not. I hate the player, not the name...

.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

when i lived in mississippi i hated all the mcleods.

earlcapps said...

mike, the real truth is that behind all the babble, you're just an evilpsychobigothomophoberacistantisemitehatemonger.

moye, do you like the mccleods here any better?