Thursday, October 18, 2007

It's Official.... I am Now the Most Talented Unemployed Person in America..


I'm the King ! I am THE KING !!
A press release from the US Dept. of Labor listed me today as the most talented unemployed person in America. For the past five weeks, I was No.2 , right behind a lady from Wyoming who had an MBA and could play bass guitar and crack walnuts with her toes.. Things changed this week when she got job at the Post Office. Things are tough in Wyoming......
Just a small update on the job market. Ben hasn't said a peep about me getting a job at Victory Chevrolet this week, although the parts mgr. got fired. I think he wants to do it himself so he can make more money. Like my Dad, I'm not sure I'd want to work with him anyway. I do have an interview with National Motor Club as a District Mgr. It pays good - way more than I was making- so I'm crossing my fingers on this one.
Newsome appears D.O.A. . The 3rd guy is going to get a while to prove himself, so forget that one for now. It is starting to affect my finances now. My mortgage on Casa No. 2 is late, as is my car payment - those Indians keep calling me night and day! But my chin is still up - if that lady in Wyoming can get a job, so can I. Which reminds me....... Ms. X - do you like fat guys with no money?? :)
.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

that would be a no...lol : )

Thoroughbred 401k said...

Well then, I better get a job. ;)

Anonymous said...

I'll guess that your other gig as a male dancer didn't pan out...

;-)

Anonymous said...

Dave Ramsey would ask why you're not delivering pizzas. Guessing that you're at least drawing rocking chair money to set the screws to your previous slave driver, are you on resume status with employment security commission?

Thoroughbred 401k said...

When they throw food at you, that's pretty bad, right? I cleared the place in five minutes!!!

Thoroughbred 401k said...

Rhino, I am not saddling the taxpayers by drawing unemployment. They said I walked off the job, therefore I am ineligible for benefits. After 6 weeks I finally received my last check from Newsome. Whew !

Anonymous said...

Mike, unless the unemployment compensation pool is being squandered into the general fund, I don't think that drawing UC should be pulling from taxpayer funds. Rolled into the overhead/cost of any employee, is "the employer contribution" to the unemployment compensation insurance. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that an employee's productivity goes into paying that cost, though the employer gets to take the tax break for it.

One curious side, if you are a non-exempt/hourly employee, as I understand it, you are due that last check within a time period shorter than that six week delay... don't know if it is worth following up under unfair labor practices act, thoug it is a thought. Really depends on how much you'd like to whiz on their cornflakes.

Anonymous said...

male dancer does sound good let me get you a gig at wyboo

Thoroughbred 401k said...

Better have a bunch of buckets handy so everyone has something to puke into...