Monday, October 08, 2007

Want to Do Something Good Without Spending a Lot? Give to the Harvest Hope Food Bank...


Thanksgiving is Coming... and Not Everyone will have a Feast.......
Here is a bit of a personal story. A few years ago, no one in my family seemed motivated to get together for Thanksgiving, which really pissed me off. I took the time to realize that there were people who nothing, that still made time to get together for the holiday. So, I went food shopping for a turkey dinner with all the fixin's, and I donated it to Manna House Thanksgiving morning......... and I felt GREAT !!
Few things in life are as satisfying as doing a good did with little or no recognition for it (Hugh and Jim, please take note). I got a letter from the Harvest Hope Food Bank, asking for an $11 donation , which would feed 88 meals for the hungry. That's 12 cents a meal !! I tell you, my meal for four that day was about $60, so they sure can stretch a dollar more than I can.
If you want to do something that feels good, give a day or a few bucks to a local food bank. If you want to give to Hope Harvest, here are their locations:
Harvest Hope Food Bank
2513 W. Lucas St
Florence, SC 29501
Attn. - Denise Holland
.

No comments: