Wednesday, October 10, 2007

SC6 Exclusive: Lindsey vs. Witherspoon Senate Battle Taking Shape..













Lindsay vs. Reese - Now That's a Catfight I'd Like to See.........But..










This is what I'm talking about instead.............................
It appears that Sen. Lindsey Graham will indeed have a challenger within the party in 2008, and it will be a relatively formidable one - National Committeman Buddy Witherspoon.
Witherspoon has plenty of connections within the party, both local and nationally. He does have a bit of baggage, due to a couple groups he is associated with outside of the party.
How do I know Buddy is going to run? He called me personally to tell me about it, and to ask for support. I wish him well, and I'll give him answers to any questions he has, but I will be supporting the Senator.
This may surprise some. I am not known as a Graham supporter, but I generally do. It's just when you write one blog post criticizing someone's position on one topic, you get that reputation. Be it Senators, Congressmen, Party Chairs or Lesbians, that might happen. That was the case with Lindsey. I might not agree with him on Immigration, but that will occur. But, if you Google my name, the most popular answer is a slew of people rebutting me on that post, none of whom I know, or even live in SC.
I thought the Gang of 14 was a stroke of genius, and it got us two Conservative Supreme Court justices, and his ability to compromise for the sake of advancing the country I admirable, so I will be voting for Lindsey next year. If you disagree, you are more than welcome to - that i your right and duty.
I like Buddy Witherspoon a lot. He has always supported me and my endeavors, he is a great speaker, and I appreciate all he has done for the Republican Party. We could do a lot worse than him for a candidate - I'm sure the Democrats will do much worse ! I just think that Buddy can do more good for the party than if he were a protest candidate. I wish him well.
.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Buddy can definitely talk for sure

earlcapps said...

It won't be a race for Witherspoon ... unless Graham gets hit with about a half dozen primary challengers who take a few points here, a few points there ... and it ends up adding up to where he has to win it in a runoff because the little guys collectively scored 51 or 52% of the vote.

But if he has to win re-election in a runoff with someone who got about 20% of the vote, to say the very least, it would be terribly embarassing and probably mean he'll get serious opposition in six years' time.

Thoroughbred 401k said...

I doubt it will come to that....but I'd still rather see Lindsay Lohan and Reese Witherspoon.

Anonymous said...

I suspect Buddy to be a cover for rousing another candidate, since T-Rav is unavailable. Roberta Combs could be interesting as could Jakie Knotts or Jimmy Metts.

On the lighter side, perhaps Charlie Thompson will throw his hat in the ring.

Thoroughbred 401k said...

From what Buddy said to me it's him. The exploratory committee is his, and he asked for an endorsement for him.

Anonymous said...

Lindsay Lohan