Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Goodbye to Braden Bunch - My Buddy Leaves Team Rudy.





Please excuse the photo, but I was having fun painting the extra room in my house - I wasn't planning on using the pic, but it does show how I feel today. Sorry, yet another post. I thought I was done for the day, but then I got SC Hotline for the days news, and there it was - Braden Bunch is leaving The Team. The first thing I did was call Braden. It is true, he is leaving the campaign as South Carolina Communications Director, and I'm kinda pissed off.






I've known Braden Bunch since my days running for Congress, when he was writing for the Sumter Item. Braden is by far my best buddy on the 'inside' of politics. Most people call me to up the body count at various functions, but Braden knew my strengths and weaknesses, and how to utilize them. Like I said earlier, his calls always began with, "Mike, I need a favor" - like I was doing something for him, which I was. The man understands the power of the blogosphere, and us bloggers. He also has a great sense of humor, so most of the calls and meetings we had were probably only 50% politics.





I wish Braden would be on the trail for the Primary, but I doubt he'd be able to work for anyone til then. I'm sure he'll be back soon afterwards - the guy is too talented. At least he will have time to spend with his wife and kids, and maybe he can improve on that crappy acting thing!! I'll miss ya Buddy...

.

No comments: