Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Breaking the Bank: Federal Budget Deficit Hits $102 Billion - In One Month !!!


The numbers are in from the Congressional Budget Office, and it ain't good... The Federal deficit hit a record $102.7 Billion in July alone. Why? Well, it's those yummy tax rebates we all got, along with an additional $15 Billion spent to reimburse banks that went under in July.
It's official - Washington has finally lost it's mind. Democrats, Republicans - it doesn't matter to me. DC is spending money - as John McCain would say - like a drunken sailor. I would say they're spending money like me at The Trophy Club on bonus check night, but at least it's my money, and I'll be even in 2 weeks. This isn't getting any better......
The estimate for the total annual deficit is estimated to be about $390-400 Billion - with a B. Next year's estimate? How about $482 Billion, which would easily be an alltime record. Congratulations, guys. You've been the WORST Congress ever !! Blame it on Iraq, blame it on earmarks, blame it on runaway spending, but the fact is all of you guys in DC suck, and you personally bear some responsibility. If I were George Washington, I'd sue to have Washington DC's named changed for slander.........
.

No comments: