Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Clooney and Obama: The Best of Buds ??


Gee, I Dunno.... What Do YOU Think, George ??
I like George Clooney professionally. He makes good movies, and everyone he works with seem to like him alot. Obviously, his political beliefs make me a bit ill, but let's agree to disagree and move on, right? Well, Clooney is more than just a rich, Hollywood star who will vote for Barack Obama in November....
In an article in the UK's Daily Mail, Clooney has agenda - and more scary - he has Obama's ear. Yes, Obama talks constantly with Clooney, and Clooney has advised him on lots of topics - including Iraq and Israel. I could understand Clooney's qualifications... After all, he did learn two lines of Arabic while filming 'Syriana'. That's about the equivalent of consulting me on the Russia - Georgia conflict because I've been to the Ukraine for ten days. It might make me more informed than you, but it doesn't make me an expert worth giving my opinion...
I haven't seen an article that gives you an idea of how tied to Hollywood Obama actually is in the US. Sometimes to get an honest opinion, you have to leave town. Here's a link to the article...
.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

are we surprised at this

Thoroughbred 401k said...

That they are buddies, no. But to think that Obama may be making policy decisions on what Clooney thinks is a bit scary..

Anonymous said...

and here we thought they were going to get engaged after the election

Thoroughbred 401k said...

I don't know why Obama would torture himself by hanging with Clooney. He's gotta think 'this could be my life If I weren't married.'

Still, everyone enjoys a good 'check out what I did this weekend at my villa on Lake Como this weekend.'story.