Friday, August 15, 2008

It's Official: I'm Back in Flotown, And I'm Working !!


I was looking back at the blog from when I was unemployed last year. I must have said "I got a new job" three times before I actually had one. So, when it happened again this year, I decided to shut my trap until it became official. Well, it certainly was easier this time.
Two weeks after getting dumped by my old dealership, I got picked up by Cale Yarborough Honda in Florence today as a Service Advisor. I start Monday. These guys seem genuinely excited about picking me up, so I'm looking forward to workign there. I'll be making about the same money (yeah!) or more if I hustle, and saving all that gas money. Most importantly, I'll be sleeping in my own bed every night, taking care of business during the week, and spending more time with friends and those I care about. By the way, that giant sound you just heard was the collective sigh of everyone I owed money to. Ben has been shitting a giant brick for two weeks now.....
These last 11 months have been without a doubt the toughest I've ever had. I've never had to struggle so hard to get by, and I need to thank some people. Thanks to Joey my old boss at Newsome , who helped me close the deal on the job. Thanks to Ben for being patient with me on the bills, and to Bobby and his wife and Mom for helping me out when things got tough. Thanks to all you guys for putting up with my mood swings on this blog. While it does make it more interesting, I'd rather have the blog be just about politics and dumb stuff, not about me....
Thanks lastly to someone for being there with me more than she should have. I've pushed and been obstinate a lot with you this year, and asked too much from you. I'm fine now, and probably better than I've been since we met. Everything I've fought to get back for a year has at long last happened, and I think I can be the guy you first met last year. Thanks, and I am sorry for making life hard on you....
I'M BACK, BITCHES !!!!!
.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad for you man

Thoroughbred 401k said...

thanks Moye. In a few weeks, things should be back to where they used to be. Very excited....