Friday, August 08, 2008

SC6 Rehashes An Old Hit: Baz Luhrmann's 'Everybody's Free to Wear Sunscreen"..


It's after dinner on Friday, and it was a little busy, all things considered. I'm watching HBO, and they showed a movie called 'The Big Kahuna' , with Kevin Spacey and Danny DeVito. There's a lot of talking, but 'Glengarry Glen Ross' it wasn't. Anyway, the movie ended with a song I haven't heard in a long time - Baz Luhrmann's "Everybody's Free to Wear Sunscreen".
It's from 1999, and it's one of those European sounding tunes, with a Middle aged guy talking to 'The Class of '99', where he dispenses tips on life. If I were 18, I probably wouldn't have listened to this guy, but as you get older, the advice seems more and more on target. My favorite line? 'Some of the most interesting people I know are 40, and STILL don't know what they want to do with their life." Sound like anyone you know ? Have a great weekend...
.

No comments: