Tuesday, August 05, 2008

A Tardy Tribute to Skip Caray...




Yeah, i'm a Yankee fan, but like the rare decent Democrat, I respect other baseball teams, and the guys who work for them. Longtime Atlanta Braves announcer Skip Caray passed away yesterday. He was 68. Although his passing was a bit of a surprise, he had been in poor health in the past year or two...





Caray was the son of legendary Cubs announcer Harry Caray, but I liked Skip better. Harry was a bit goofy, Skip was more professional, more subdued, more of a dry wit. That, and he had my favorite announcer voice to imitate. I can't help but say "Up to the plate comes..... Chipper Jones" when I heard his voice. Classic........




Here's perhaps his most famous call......



www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuYKTv8nqhM


.

No comments: