Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Is it Time to Get Rid of August ??



After 12 summers here in South Carolina, I've started to notice a trend - it gets pretty damn hot down here. No surprise there, but I have noticed the effect it has on everyone here. Guess I started noticing it when i lost my job twice due to overly pissed off customers. Personally , I would never demand that person get fired, but there are a few that don't have that problem.

Clearly, summer in South Carolina needs to be eliminated. Of course, that will likely never happen, but maybe an adjustment could be made. With that in mind, we give you an article by Slate.com editor David Plotz (who I hear every Friday on Slate's gabfest of POTUS 08, even though I disagree with them politically). His solution? - eliminate the month of August. It's a pretty damning assesment of all that is wrong with August. Sure, half of my family would lose their birthdays, but that's okay - I'd save a ton on presents !!

www.slate.com/id/2196776/?GT1=38001

.

No comments: