Monday, August 25, 2008

The Dems Hit Denver, Let The Party Begin !!!

Senator Blutarsky and His Toga Are Ready to Hit the Conventions..

SC6 is coming to you live from the press pool area of the Pepsi Center in Denver for the Democratic National Convention. Yeah, i know - I wasn't supposed to be here, but I made some alternate travel plans. Let's just say that there's a lady missing a cat, and in Denver, you'll just have to call me Mr. Brokaw. Necessity is the mother of invention......

For those of you not familiar, political conventions are the same as any other convention. It's an opportunity for everyone to get out of town and party their asses off. You may not know this but there will be approximately 400 different parties at the conventions here and in St. Paul. You heard right - FOUR HUNDRED. That's 50 a day. Every day....

Now, I didn't find this out myself. Thanks to our friends at the Sunlight Foundation, you can get a total list of all the companies, unions, and organization out to sway the delegates, the politicians, and to raise some duckets. If you want to see who's doing what, here is the link:

http://politicalpartytime.org/

.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have had a lot on invites. I accepted a couple. Breakfast with Daimler. Dinner with Daimler. Reception with ATT and BMW. Breakfast with Blue Cross Blue Shield. Late night reception with Lindsey Graham. I have turned a few down and may accept some more why not. Prime time only last a short while and I am only trying to make sure I enjoy myself while trying to do my Civic duty remember you and Earl helped elect me so I will have a toast for you two.

Anonymous said...

Bejing denies lending storm troopers to help silence protests.

Anonymous said...

I hope you do

earlcapps said...

Moye - I helped elect you so you could party your ass off until you puked all over the shoes of some big-league VIP ... from another state.

Enjoy yourself, freeload all you can, and make the most of the occasion. It's not just a civic duty, it is a moral imperative.

After all, GOP stands for GO Party, right?

Anonymous said...

You right Earl.

Anonymous said...

TYPO ALERT

Mikey... duckets? Ducats, spelled like Ducati (VROOM, VROOM).

PS, interesting early take on the toga party taek on the Parthenon annointing of Barack Hussein Obama, Junior

Thoroughbred 401k said...

Yeah, I saw that today - TOGA ! TOGA! I must admit, it was total coincidence... Although quite reminiscent of the fallof the Roman Empire.

Anonymous said...

bread and circuses...